This Policy applies to all of the products, services and websites offered by Bryx, Inc. or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies (collectively, “Services”). If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us through our website or write to us at Bryx Inc. 120 East Avenue, Suite 300, Rochester, NY 14604.
What Information Do We Collect?
In order to provide our Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Personal Information That You Provide – When you register to use services, either individually or as a member of a department, agency or team (a “Department”) that has subscribed to our Services, you will provide us personal information (“Personal Information”) – such as your name, telephone numbers, unique mobile device identifier, text message address, email address and an account password. It is also possible that your Department will provide some or all of this Personal Information to us and you consent to that by using the Services. You can decline to submit certain Personal Information related to any of our Services, in which case we may not be able to provide those Services to you.
- Cookies – When you visit our website(s), we may send one or more files containing a string of characters (cookies) to your computer or mobile device that uniquely identifies your browser. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some of our Services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. Cookies improve the quality of our Service by storing your session data to be able to re-connect your computer automatically to our system in the event that you lose your Internet connection.
- Log and Usage information – When you use the Services, our servers automatically record information about your use, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website and information sent from your mobile device. Server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. In addition, in connection with your use of the Services, we will collect 911 call information routed using the Services, including the location of the call, the 911 calls to which you respond and the nature of your response and site survey data.
- Location Information – When you use a location-enabled service, we will collect and process information about your actual location and the time that you were at a location. We may use various technologies to determine location, such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device, sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers. You have the ability within your own mobile device to enable or disable location services, which controls whether or not we are able to obtain this information from you.
- User Communications – When you send email messages, text messages, dispatch messages or other inbound or outbound messages through the Services, we retain those communications in order to process your communications, to provide information to the department, agency or team of which you are a member, to provide future reporting for you, to respond to your requests and to improve our Services.
Links – Our Services may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We may use this information to improve the quality of our marketing partners, customized content and marketing. If you click on a link that directs you to a website other than one included within our Services, the privacy policies of that website or service will apply to any information obtained from, or disclosed by you.
- Other sites – This Policy applies to websites and Services that are owned and/or operated by Bryx. We do not exercise control over the sites displayed as links from within our various Service. These other sites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit Personal Information from you.
How We Use This Information?
At the most basic level, we collect this information to facilitate the functionality of the Services and to provide, maintain, protect and improve Services, and to develop new Service. We also use the various information we collect in other ways as described in this Policy and as follows:
- We may share your Personal Information with your Department or, depending upon permission levels specified by your Department’s internal system administrators, to designated members of your Department.
- We also use the information we collect to offer you tailored or customized content (e.g. providing information specific to your Department or mapping services specific to where you are located).
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our Services.
How and When Do We Share Information?
Bryx will only share Personal Information with unaffiliated parties of Bryx in the following limited circumstances:
- You consent to us sharing that information.
- Your Department’s account administrator who provides user support to your organization will have access to your account and personal profile information (including your email and other data). This administrator may be able to view statistics regarding your account; change your account password; suspend or terminate your account access, access or retain information stored as part of your account, receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for processing Personal Information on our behalf and/or to deliver the functionality of our Services to you. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce any agreement governing the Services, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Bryx, its users or the public as required or permitted by law. If presented with a valid court order compelling the release of any such Personal Information, then if and to the extent possible, Bryx will notify you prior to any such release of information so that you may take any steps you deem necessary and/or appropriate concerning such information.
- We may use, share and sell or license usage statistics, trends, analytics, reporting or results specific to your information and your use of the Services as long as such statistics, trends, analytics, reporting, results or data are compiled into an aggregated or anonymous format.
- We may share all information, including Personal Information, to any person or entity that acquires Bryx or a business segment from Bryx, in which case we will only share that information related to the business we sell.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. We restrict access to Personal Information to Bryx employees, contractors, and agents who need to have access to that information in order to deliver, operate, develop, support, maintain or improve our Services. These individuals may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution if they fail to meet these obligations.
Bryx processes Personal Information only for the purposes for which it was collected, to provide the Services, and in accordance with this Policy. We review our data collection, storage, and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the Personal Information needed to provide or improve our Services. We depend on our users to update or correct their Personal Information whenever necessary.
Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or our treatment of Personal Information by writing to us at Bryx Inc. 120 East Avenue, Suite 300, Rochester, NY 14604. When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is our policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Bryx and an individual.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time with notice to you. If you do not agree with any changes to the Policy, you should cease using the Services. If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us at any time at Bryx Inc. 120 East Avenue, Suite 300, Rochester, NY 14604.